edisto beach, sc / day 4

Happy Friday evening friends! It's time for another Edisto Update!

The first thing Dylan and I did yesterday was take a short trip
to Botany Bay Plantation. I had never been before and had wanted
to see the row of oak trees. We walked a short trail to the beach
which is protected (you cannot take any shells from that beach
or they will fine you $470). This photo is one of many piles of
oyster shells on the beach. Of course, since you can't take any, there
are beautiful shells and hermit crabs everywhere!

The past two hurricanes to strike this area, Irma (2017) and Matthew (2015),
effected the landscape of the beach. It truly is a beautiful sight still. There 
are many toppled trees with roots on top of the sand. 

Here is the strand of oaks at Botany Bay Plantation. It is 
absolutely beautiful! It speaks for itself! 

Here is the beach at Botany Bay Plantation; you can see
the toppled trees. It's still so crazy for me to see a beach
with so many trees!

There are so many shells everywhere so people have, 
in a sense, decorated the beach with them. This is where people
have strung the shells onto a tree branch!! In the background you
can see where people have laid the conch shells on the driftwood!

Conch shells on an old palmetto tree. I added one myself!

Dylan checking out the map!

Dylan on the beach :) I love him and I appreciate all he does for 
me. 

Later that same day, the sun was out and it was in the upper 70s.
Which means.... beach time! Finally!! I absolutely love
the beach here at Edisto. This swimsuit and shorts combo
is a cute way to stay comfy and cute. This sun hat from Target
is a spring + summer staple. 

For dinner we had Waterfront Restaurant. I highly recommend
this place! I will be doing a full Edisto travel guide next week with
the things I recommend! Dylan ate the shrimp and grits (they give
you a ton- he ate half there last night and had the rest tonight).
He absolutely loved it! I had the choose 2 combination- grilled 
shrimp + fried flounder. It comes with green beans and red
bell peppers. The entire meal was delicious!

This is the view from the restaurant! 



I have one more Edisto Update - we leave tomorrow :(
It will be posted tomorrow! Botany Bay was stunning
and the beach is breathtaking. There were even people
there with Enos and tents set up for the day! I have definitely
enjoyed my time here at Edisto Beach, SC!

My swimsuit / denim shorts / sun hat / shades 

Thank you for reading today's post!
XOXO,
Cait

stay tuned weekly + get more
by checking out my instagram page [caitlynmichelle98]
and my facebook page [Sweet Tea Archives]

Comments

Popular Posts