edisto beach, sc / day 3

Happy Thursday evening friends! Time for another Edisto Update!
I know it's late, we went out for dinner tonight and then I came
back to the house and got a shower... then bam- it's 10:00!...
Anyway, without further ado-

Alright, there are palmettos everywhere here, I believe I said
that in my last post. I love it here at Edisto! I took this 
from the truck window and I'm happy with how it turned out!

Today's adventure was taking the boat to an island off the coast.
I was absolutely stunned by the beauty! I've said it a lot, but I
love the palms everywhere, so this island was my favorite!

Beautiful island!
Otter Island, Edisto SC

This is the view I beheld when we stepped onto the island!
I was in total shock! I had never been on an island with palm trees
on it. I thought those only existed in the Caribbean!

Here's where I saw the line of palm trees, and I just couldn't
believe my eyes! Palm. Trees!!

When we first got onto the island, Dylan and I went one way, and
his family went the other. I picked up a few shells, but then his sister came
running with a beautiful sand dollar. I had never picked up, or even seen a whole
sand dollar! I was in a hurry to find one for sure! I came across one, but it
had a broken edge (middle one, bottom row), but I didn't care. I was so
glad to have finally found one! It wasn't but two minutes later, and I heard
Dylan call my name! I ran over and there was a whole sand dollar right
there on the beach! I picked it up and I just couldn't believe it. After I picked
that one up, I was able to spot them quicker and quicker. I ended up with 26
sand dollars! The boat ride back was rough, so 3 of them broke. I am still
so excited to have finally found sand dollars! Also, there's a sweet "legend
of the sand dollar" poem you can read- I'll tag it here!

That's all for today - thank you for reading today's update! Be sure to
stay tuned to my instagram for updates as well!

XOXO,
Cait



stay tuned weekly + get more
by checking out my instagram page [sweetteaarchives]
and my facebook page [Sweet Tea Archives]

Comments

Popular Posts