charleston, sc | one year anniversary


Happy Saturday friends! I'm so excited to finally
share our trip to Charleston with y'all! 

We left from my house at 3:55 AM. Not even kidding y'all!
We wanted to have the entire day to explore and enjoy!
It's definitely worth losing some sleep.... ;)
So this photo is from Waterfront Park! It is beautiful and has
walkways with trees overshadowing it and cute benches 
along the way. Also, the famous pineapple fountain! 
We arrived and walked out onto the pier and watched the sunrise
(def worth being up early!) and watched the porpoises feed! It
was so neat! It was quite foggy but it still was lovely! We were honestly
just happy to be there! It was such a sweet, charming moment!
I definitely recommend Waterfront Park!!! Plus, there were lots 
of people walking their cute dogs, what's not to love about that?
Next, we went to grab breakfast at Callie's Hot Little Biscuit!
I had been searching throughout the week for things to do + places to
eat, and this restaurant was one of the top breakfast places! We both got
a bacon, egg and cheddar biscuit, and as you can see from the photo,
it was huge! It was so delicious y'all... I definitely, without a doubt,
100% recommend this place!!
Callie's Hot Little Biscuit / they ship nationwide!!!!

After breakfast, we took a carriage tour of the city, and it was probably the
best part of the whole day!! I absolutely adored it! We used
Old South Carriage Company (recommendation from Caitlin Covington at 
Southern Curls & Pearls)! Our horse, Sammy, was afraid of the color 
purple. I'm not even joking! It was so much fun. We learned
a lot about Charleston history! It truly is a beautiful city!



Some of the beautiful homes we saw on the tour..



After the tour, we went shopping on King Street! There's a Kate Spade,
a huge Forever 21, even a Louis Vuitton! But there's also cute little boutiques
and various shops as well! There was one suit shop selling a suit
coat for $1400..... probably the most ridiculous thing we've ever seen!!
This photo is what Dylan does while
I shop... ;)

After shopping, we stopped at Persimmon Cafe for lunch!
I found this sandwich shop online and we had the roasted chicken
sandwich! Talk about delicious! I definitely recommend
this restaurant!

Next, we took a short drive over to Sullivan's Island! It was so nice to 
see sand and ocean again! It was a nice beach with a view of the light
house! Although, by the time we got there, it was cloudy and foggy!
We still had a great time and picked up some very neat shells!



Last but definitely not least. The anniversary dinner.
We ate at Blossom in Charleston and we were so pleased.
Great restaurant, great food, great service! As you can see, we had
the shrimp + grits! I had never had shrimp + grits before, but 
now I am hooked! Hopefully all shrimp + grits taste this good!!
It may not look like that much of a portion, but it really was a good
bit of food! 


dinner dress / Lilly Pulitzer jumpsuit bought
 during after-party sale, similar here / sun hat
Dylan's Sperry boat shoes 

Thank y'all for taking time to read up about our day trip to Charleston!
We truly had an amazing time! It's amazing to think we've been 
together for a whole year! I fall for him more & more every 
day, and he is my very best friend! There's never a dull moment
between us. I look forward to many many more anniversaries
with him, my sweetheart! 

XOXO,
Cait

stay tuned weekly + get more
by checking out my instagram page [sweetteaarchives]
and my facebook page [Sweet Tea Archives]

Comments

Popular Posts